What I Really Didn't Need to Hear

What I really don't need to hear is that my ex has possibly gotten some random girl pregnant. He never had real feelings for me. It was just sex, right?

My biological clock was ringing loudly but I just couldn't find anyone willing to work with me to have a child of my own. Forget about the women all around me just churning out baby after baby. Obviously, it was not meant to be. Of course, it's no major loss, as the males I had dealt with might have still desired to be in my life because of a child, since they were light in brains and wallets.

Basically, I didn't need this "friend" telling me of this event. I could have gone the rest of my life without knowing. I am disappointed in her because she knows how I felt about wanting a child. What purpose did it serve? On the other hand, how would I have felt if I saw this man out with a new family?

I guess either way it goes, it was a Catch 22 type of situation. Either learn about it now and rip the band-aid off or wait until later. At least now if I see them out somewhere, I can feign surprise and delight. 😔😒

Comments

Popular Posts